Filipinos are said to be some of the coolest people around. From their amazing Southeastern cuisine to their characteristic hospitality, it's always interesting being in their company.
Over the years, they've made their way across the globe from their small island of the Philippines, so you're bound to have befriended a Filipino at least once in your life. But if you haven't yet, here are 16 reasons why you need to do so ASAP:
1. They'll feed you. Seriously.
You'll never eat so much in your life.
2. They'll treat you with the utmost hospitality.
You will never be without tsinelas on your feet whenever you visit.
3. They'll bring you to their epic Filipino parties.
Whether it's a house party, debut or wedding, Filipinos know how to throw down.
4. They'll offer you leftovers that will last you an entire week.
Never forget to ask them to pack you some leftover pancit or lumpia.
5. They'll help you improve your stage presence.
Once they whip out the Magic Mic, you'll turn into a completely different person.
6. They'll widen your sense of humour.
You'll gain an appreciation for even the corniest of jokes.
7. They'll introduce you to all of their cousins and siblings.
You automatically make 10 new friends when you befriend just one Filipino.
8. They'll show you new ways to save money.
Whether it be cutting paper towel rolls in half or diluting dish soap, frugality is their specialty.
9. They'll bring you some cool stuff from the Philippines.
A small corner of their Balikbayan box will be reserved just for you.
10. They'll make you look good for being punctual.
Because they're always late (Not All).
11. They'll acquaint you with all sorts of unique food combinations.
You'll soon realize that almost anything can serve as a sawsawan.
12. They'll almost always be down to go out.
Filipinos love a good time!
13. They'll get you in touch with your artistic side.
All of their singing and dancing will rub off on you.
14. They'll teach you fun new ways to communicate.
You'll be calling people "ate" and "kuya" and pointing with your lips in no time.
15. They'll accept you for who you are.
No matter your age, race or sexual orientation!
16. They'll always treat you like family.
When you're with Filipinos, you're with family.